Open PS File
A file with the PS extension is basically an image saved in the PostScript page description language.
It can contain vector graphics, raster graphics, and text. PS files can be printed directly by a PostScript printer without using an application to open it.
The PS (PostScript) format is basically a file type and a programming language at the same time.
Quark Xpress and Adobe Acrobat applications are commonly used to create files with the PS extension, which are widely used today. However, PS files have been largely replaced by other page layout file formats, such as PDF. In any case, they are still compatible with many printers and programs.
In general, they can be opened with any printer utility that supports PostScript.
Files with the PS extension typically include a set of instructions that tell the printer how to print and provide the coordinates of each object within the page.
Programs that can open PS files
Open PS File on Windows Operating System
- Find a PS file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a PS file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open PS file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open PS file then try to search for "PS wiki", "application to open PS file" or "open PS file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open PS file
Rate PS file page: 4/5 based on 10 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open PS files, file extension ps and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...